Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Here I am sipping on tea and honey






What a truly blessed time it has been this past week! I do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and as we look into the New Year please plan safely wherever it is you may be going. So here I am and it is about 5:30am, its been kinda crazy lately but I have been waking up early for some crazy reason (don't ask why because I have no clue and it is slightly irritating). But I figured today I would get up instead of lying in bed hoping to get another few winks in and try to do something productive. So this is it, updating my blog= me being productive. I have a slight sore throat so hence the title. I haven't been up to much lately except Christmas. This year we struggled a little bit due to my husband not having a job up until about 2 weeks ago. I was slightly worried that this Christmas would be tough but we got through it and the boys toy box can attest to that! On the day before Christmas eve I had my holiday Christmas party at work. It was very enjoyable to pretty much just sit around eat and goof off and of course have some real banging eggnog (still gotta get that recipe B). I swear to you, you could hate eggnog but get addicted to this stuff. I think I might have to make this drink a year round experience. Anyway, on Christmas eve I got up bright and early and went to the salon to get pampered. Thank you to Pam at Trilogy Salon and Day Spa, you are truly a miracle worker and my new favorite hairstylist. I dyed my hair plus did a great cut that includes side swept bangs, I feel like a supermodel and every mother deserves to feel that way! Now once I get my body on the supermodel bandwagon I will be good to go. And the experience was amazing, I am never dissapointed when I go to Trilogy. It was a great way to kick of Christmas eve. After the salon my family headed down to my parents house for family pictures. Now if you aren't familiar with my family there are a bunch of us. In total I we had something like 17 people to fit into these pictures. The sad thing is, out of the 17 people, 5 of us were girls. Yeah, we are definitely outnumbered (and my mom definitely doesn't let me forget it, she is waiting for another granddaughter) But I think we got some great pics and my sons looked absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see how our family shot came out. I was really glad to be able to spend Christmas eve at my parents house. I will admit sometimes it is a little overwhelming with 4 little boys running around but we always manage. I am just so happy when all of the family is together, it just makes the holidays so much more special. On Christmas day my sons had a blast opening up all their gifts. Unfortunately mom mother had to work so we ended up leaving my parents and going to my husbands grandparents house where my sons got spoiled yet again with massive amounts of toys (thank you nana and pas). Then Christmas would never be complete without a visit to Miss Shana and Mr Geoffreys house. Now my sons always look forward to seeing the beautiful Miss Shana. We have their Christmas card posted on the counter and my boys always grab it and say "look its Miss Shana!". No disappointment for them, except that for some reason when we pulled up to their house both of my sons asked if we could go swimming. But getting to my lovely friend was the icing on the cake to a great Christmas day. Now I am lucky that I am off work until January 3rd due to needing to use up some vacation days. And I plan on enjoying this time. Today I am very excited about going to meet with a venue for an event that I am planning, this is the first step to some major excitement coming down the pike. Also, doing some serious gown searching for the Mrs Delaware pageant this week. Other than that I will get to spend alot of time with my sons and, cross your fingers, hopefully pottytrain my youngest. Some very exciting news when it comes to my platform. I have been asked to come and present at a middle school. This news has been especially encouraging to me lately. For a little bit I was sorta discouraged due to the fact I was trying to call and get into schools to no avail. When people say "its not what you know, its who you know" it seems like they were referring to my situation. But I really thank God for giving me this opportunity. I was contacted by a guidance counselor last week and have just been on cloud nine about it ever since. I finally feel like all my hard work is starting to pay off. And it way continue to, one day, one school, one presentation and one childs life at a time. I have such high hopes for my anti-bullying campaign and I plan on definitely making an impact in Delaware. And if I have to do it the hard way, building it from nothing into something amazing, then I am not afraid to do it. This is where my passion lies and that is something no one can take from me! There are only great things in store for me come 2011 and I am ready! Have a great New Year everyone! And when planning for next year "reach for the moon and even if you miss you will land amongst the stars"!

No comments:

Post a Comment