Sunday, February 13, 2011

“There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva.”






I have been reminded again recently how much God has blessed me when it comes to being surrounded with amazing people. The past couple weeks have really raised my confidence thanks to some truly wonderful people. Whether those people are family members who have no doubt that I can succeed, or friends who help me pick out my wardrobe, give me walking tips, assure me that its ok to eat that cupcake I am dying for, or are just friends and family that tell me I can do it. I am so blessed to be surrounded by these people. People that truly want me to be all I can be, and go out of their way to help me in my goals. I can only hope that I encourage my friends the same way they encourage me. So, about a month ago (yeah I know it has been far too long since I have written) I did a bullying presentation at a school not far from where I grew up. I went to Seaford middle school along with my sister Katie and a wonderful pageant friend Allison. I feel the presentation was successful and I really enjoy speaking to the kids who are our future leaders. These young adults need to know the consequences of what they are doing and that is what I am educating them on. I haven't been too involved with "pageantry" lately due to the fact that I have been sick for over 2 weeks. Being confined to bed and home for that length of time is definitely not fun. And another bummer was when I was sick for a trip my husband and I planned for valentines day. It was going to be the first time I ever went skiing but I guess there is always next year. I have many things coming down the pike so I will be very excited to be updating my blog (more faithfully) in the next little while. Until then stay beautiful all my amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment