Saturday, August 28, 2010

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.






Hey everyone, so it has been almost a month since I have updated this. I am so sorry it has been so long. It has been a roller coaster ride in my life this past month. Emotionally, wow its been crazy. But now that things have calmed down a bit I can let you all know what I have been up to. First I need to say congratulations to my newest pageant sister Fawn Stoms Mrs. Peach Blossom 2011. We will be competing together for the Mrs. Delaware crown next year. All of the girls who competed in the Mrs. Peach Blossom pageant did such an amazing job and all looked fantastic!! Also congrats to my girl Jenna Derrick for winning 3rd runner up, I am so proud of you I am like a proud pageant mommy, she did so great! So if you didn't quite catch it I recently attended the Peach Blossom pageant. Last Friday night I met up with alot of other pageant beauties to help out with the pageant. It turned out to be a very large event (much larger then the Patriotic Pageant). But it was very successful and ran pretty smoothly. I was involved by helping out keep the contestants in order, I also got to crown my sister Mrs queen. I gave a short little "speech" which was very unexpected (I sometimes ramble on a little bit when I am nervous and this day was no exception) but it was fine and I enjoyed being there and helping out. Also I want to say a quick congrats to my director Siouxzan Moore for winning the recent national title of Beauties of America 30's, you totally deserved it. Continuing on, after the pageant I got to meet up with my girl Shana and one of her friends (who was a judge) LaQuisha Hall and we had a great time at dinner just chit chatting and having fun. LaQuisha also helped me alot when it came to thinking about what platform I will be choosing. She asked me one question which really made me think in a different way then I was. Thanks alot for that girl your the best! The day after the Peach Blossom Pageant (well the morning after) I was able to participate in the Peach Blossom Parade. I really enjoy riding in parades its always alot of fun smiling and waving (but I can say that after a while my cheeks hurt from smiling so much lol). It always nice to be able to see all my sister queens and riding in the parade with them in a treat. All of the Peach Blossom Queens were in the parade, as well as myself, Carrie Richey (Mrs. Delaware) and April Reynolds (Mrs. Middletown). I was able to finally wear my peach dress (which I am in love with). And we were grateful to Willis car sale in Middletown for letting me borrow a sweet looking 2010 black mustang convertible for the parade. After the parade we headed down to lower DE for a wedding of a long time friend of Kevins. Congrats Laura!! Unfortunately due to the length of the parade and some traffic we ran into, we were not able to make the ceremony. But we were able to make it to the reception which was beautiful and fun. It was so nice to catch up with old friends and to just enjoy time with my husband (the boys were with their great grandparents). After the receptions we went and got the boys and went home. The next day (bright and early) I headed back down to lower DE with the boys to go to my new nephews dedication at church. It was so nice to spend time with my family and I always just enjoy relaxing and being around them. Also which I was down in that area I had an event called "Fight For Air At All Extremes" with the American Lung Association. This is a skydive for charity event. Unfortunately due to the weather and the overcast clouds and chance of rain we were not able to skydive. But I did get a voucher to go skydiving at a later date which I will keep you informed of when I go and actually jump 14,000 ft out of a plane. I am so excited, I can't wait to do it!! Well it was such a busy weekend I was actually glad when Monday can around. Well this weekend is not as hectic (thank the Lord) but it will still be fun. I am going out to watch a movie with my girl Shana tonight. And I have actually thought about making a craft for a contest called Craft for a Cause with Jo-Ann fabrics. Hopefully I will be able to win $50,000 for the charity of my choice. Anyways I think I have gone on long enough. Luv ya guys and have a safe and fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment