Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gossip needn't be false to be evil - there's a lot of truth that shouldn't be passed around.




What a very interesting couple of weeks. I don't know about everyone else but the recent cool down in the weather is truly spectacular. I love the fall! And one of the biggest reason I enjoy the fall is the clothes. Something about the richness of the season and the colors along with the layering and boots! I just can't help but get excited about it. I have to admit that my fall wardrobe is so much better than my summer wardrobe that I can't wait to dig into it. And with the weather cooling off I know that before long I will be into my beloved fall clothes. The weather has also been very beneficial to that fact that I am getting ready for a 5k run and running when the weather is a little bit cooler is much easier for me then if it is stifling outside. I never considered myself a runner. But recently I have enjoyed running. Although I do not have the speed, I have the endurance. I have been able to run 3 miles without stopping. Which to me, as long as I have the endurance to do it the speed will come in time. I am hoping to be able to get a run in today before the sun sets. So what have I actually been doing lately besides go on and on a bout the weather? Well, yesterday I was honored to take part in a meals on wheels event called Denim and Diamonds. One of my friends Lindy Scott asked me if I would like to volunteer and all she had to do was mention diamonds and I was there in a heart beat :) The event was a great event and an amazing turnout. I got to greet people as they walked in the door and it was just a great time. I also go to catch up with some of my pageant beauties like Carrie (Mrs. Delaware), Lindy (Mrs. Central Delaware) and Kayla (Miss Delaware). I also got to meet many new people and just have an amazing time. The food was phenomenal the music was great, the dessert yummmmm! I was so thrilled to be a part of this event. I really love doing events, but the ones that I especially like are the ones that benefit a cause. Of course it is fun to ride in a car in a parade but when I know that I am contributing event a little bit to a worthy cause, it just makes it that much more meaningful. Anyway, I had a truly wonderful time at the event. It was also fun making my jeans for the event. I decided to go and buy a cheap pair of jeans at rugged warehouse and add some stones to them. I was really surprised at the amount of compliments I got on that which makes me feel good. For more recent events, I am in the process of making a dress that will be donated to an organization called Queendom. Queendom is a mentoring program for young women to boost their confidence and bring out the true royalty that resides in all ladies. I am going to be entering this dress into a competition through Joanne Fabrics to hopefully win some money for this organization because they truly deserve it. If I can use my talent to help others then I am all for it! Anyways, I hope everyone has an amazing day and week. I love you all and thank you very much for reading my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment