Thursday, September 23, 2010

If you're going through hell, keep going.

What an exhausting week. I will be very happy when tomorrow comes and the weekend begins. It hasn't been a bad week but a very physically and mostly emotionally draining week. I am sure all you guys know how it is. You get into this emotional "rut", if you will, and its just difficult to get out of. I don't even really know how I got here or how I get out of this feeling. I have been running alot lately and that has helped. Kinda gets my mind off of anything and its relaxing. I have been seeing a difference in my body as of lately. Anything to kinda tone me down is always a plus. Gotta keep working on that bikini body for the pageant. I actually wish I had more time to run. It has kinda become my new therapy. Now don't mistake the fact, I am still a terrible runner. But I guess over time I will get better. I have a 5k run that I will be doing on Sunday this is to raise money for Leukemia research. At first I wasn't too thrilled (because I really don't like getting that muddy) but I am more and more excited about it. I am still not happy with the fact that it will be through the mud but it is for such a good cause. If doing good for others doesn't pull me out of this mood then nothing will. I was thinking about working on my distances. Slowly running further and further until I can run longer distances. Anyway, for now I am going to stick with the 5k. Tomorrow should also be a good time, I am going to be in a fashion show and I always enjoy them. Getting dressed up and having someone do my hair and makeup for me is always a plus. It makes me feel pampered. This is also a very special kind of fashion show, its a benefit for The Ministry of Caring Homeless Shelters. I think the best part of winning the pageant I did is the amazing opportunities I get to make a difference with all of the fund raising and different events for worthy causes. Also, Saturday is the Miss New Castle and Miss Diamond State pageants. I plan on attending, this will be some really good "me" time to hang out with some great people. So yeah I have a pretty packed weekend. But like I said before, its so important to help others, and especially when I am kinda feeling this way. When I help others it really lifts my spirits and I am in desperate need of that right now. I guess it is just "one of those weeks" for me. I am sure it will all be fine next week. I am sure all I need is some great family and friend time, some good work to do for others and maybe a few more miles to run. Have a great weekend everyone, and I am sure I will see alot of you this weekend at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment