Friday, July 30, 2010

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.






I am so happy with how the last couple days have been. It has been very eventful and I have been able to appreciate the people I have been with and around. I have been pretty busy, on Tuesday and Thursday I was at the Cecil County Fair. Now if you live in Cecil County please don't be offended but this fair was in the middle of hicks-ville. I didn't know they had hills and mountains and forests anywhere around this area. But apparently they do, I felt like I was in the boondocks. But I still had a good time. The people were very nice and it was a very enjoyable experience. I got my roasted sweet corn, and cotton candy. I was very much a happy camper. I got to meet spectacular people and just have a great time. I will have to say that the highlight of my events did not happy actually at the events themselves. It happened after the event. On Thursday after spending alot of time outside in the heat, I was all sweaty and gross but I was heading to pick up my husband from work right after I was finished at the fair. I was waiting outside for my husband to finish work, when a family approached the door and I couldn't keep my eyes off their beautiful little daughter. She was so cute and she had lost can I say about half of her hair. But despite that she was a very beautiful and healthy looking little girl. I had decided to take my boys inside the building to wait in the AC. After my boys starting playing a little with this little girl, her mother and I got to talking. Now I don't know how I managed to get the nerve to ask, but I managed to ask why her daughter didn't have all her hair. She proceeded to tell me her daughter had alopecia. Now a year ago I would have had no clue what that meant, but since I know Kayla Martell (Miss Delaware America) who suffers from the same thing, I knew what it was. The mother and I (her name is Jill) started talking about Kayla and how much she has accomplished and how good of a role model she is. I found out that Jill and Katie (the little girls name) had attended a conference where Kayla spoke, they had wanted to meet Kayla after the conference but were not able to. Jill said something about Kayla was letting all the girls try on her crown. Well, surprisingly enough since I had just come from an event I had my crown in my car. So I went out and grabbed it and let Katie try it on. She was such a sweet heart and I think being able to do that for someone and seeing her smile like she did, blessed me more and touched my heart more than it did hers. No wonder why Kayla does this, seeing the light in others eyes and knowing that you are making a difference (even if that difference means bringing joy to someone for just a moment) how can you not want to do it. So thank you Jill and Katie for bringing light in to my life. I might never see you again (which I hope I will get another opportunity to see you) but know that you changed my life in the few moments we shared. Well, moving along to unrelated pageant events. My husband and I were able to go out and spend a nice evening with our friends Donovan (Landon's godfather) and Christina. We went to this fabulous restaurant called Ole' Tapas. Now if you have never been to this restaurant or a Tapas style restaurant you are missing out! I had never experienced this place before now but I am so glad we went. And I am so happy with the people we went with. A Tapas style restaurant evidently is smaller portions. So when you eat there you order 2 or 3 things but the portions are really small so you can eat all that you order. Even better, like with us, we all ordered different things and shared it all. What a fun time! And what made it even better is that I got to try things that I would never have ordered. The atmosphere was great the company and food were amazing, we just had a great time. So the place is called Ole' Tapas, you need to get a bunch of friends together and go over there, take your time and just enjoy each others company and some great food. Also, Wednesday night I got to spend the evening with my girl Shana. It was so relaxing to just hang out, eat some Chinese, and just watch a movie. It wasn't just any movie, it was the Mrs. Delaware America video. Now watching that made me realize how desperately I need to work on my walk for the upcoming pageant. It was quite depressing at how bad my walk is. But its good to know what I need to work on to improve myself. Well for now I am done. Have a fantastic weekend everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment