Monday, July 26, 2010

Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music.





What a beautiful day it is today. Do me a favor, if you are reading this and you haven't been outside yet today please just step outside for a moment and enjoy the nice breeze and the pretty weather that is not 100 degrees. What a refreshing way to start the week. Although work has been a little hectic this morning, I still feel very good about this week. Well, recapping my weekend. I had a great family weekend. I got a call from my sister on Friday saying that her, her husband and children were going to be going to the Dover Air Force Base Museum on Saturday and asked me if I would like to join. Since I don't get to see my sister as much as I would like I agreed and the moment I told me sons they were excited. They loving seeing their cousins and getting to see airplanes on top of it all was almost too much excitement for their little bodies to handle. So we trekked out into the heat on Saturday to take a look at some airplanes. Although it was hot it was totally worth it because the boys had a blast. And I had a great time as well. So I highly suggest the museum as a nice place to spend a few hours. It was completely free and we got to go into a few planes. We took lots of pictures and just really enjoyed ourselves despite the heat. After the museum and saying our goodbyes to our family we headed back up to Newark and straight to my favorite place, the mall. In case you don't know me I am such a shopper and I had a few things I needed to look for Saturday. While grabbing a bite to eat I ran into my friend Shana and her husband Geoffrey (Geoffrey every time I write your name I can't help but think of the toys r us giraffe, sorry). This was such and unexpected and nice surprise. It had been a few weeks since I had seen my girl and I was in desperate need of girly conversation. So after about an hour of talking and just catching up a little (my sons were so good the whole time, especially after Mr. Geoffrey got them some ice cream!) we were off in search of a book and a peach dress. Fortunately I was able to find both! In August I will be participating in the Peach Blossom pageant (I will be crowning the Mrs. winner) and the Peach Blossom Parade, so I figured I needed a peach dress and was fortunate to find one. Moving on, on Sunday my parents came up to church and we went to lunch after. Lately my parents have been coming to the church that I am a member at. I always love seeing my parents and getting to spend time with just them is always a nice way to spend any part of the day. All in all I had a spectacular weekend and I hope all of you did too. Tomorrow I will be making an appearance at the Cecil County fair, as well as Thursday. I am always excited about doing appearances, it will be fun. And to be honest any excuse to wear my crown again is a plus, lol. My recent undertaking has been making these little totes (see pic). I made them for the state title holders before they left to go to the national pageant. I put a few little odd and end stuff in them that I thought they might need for the pageant. It was fun to make them and I figured I would share them with you guys. Have a great week guys and I will probably do another update later this week

1 comment: