Monday, July 12, 2010

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.




What a great couple days. I don't think I have ever said how much I truly love my life, my family, my husband, and my friends. Yeah it is never really "perfect" but I can always sit back and say how blessed I am. I have come across so many amazing people in the past 6 months. It really does my heart good to meet new people and to instantly become friends with the wonderful women I have come into contact with. I am also blessed to have such an amazing husband. I will be the first to admit that being married to me is like a bed of roses with lots of thorns. I am not the easiest person to be around 100% of the time. But my husband makes me want to be that person because he is such a wonderful and supportive person. Yes, we have our ups and downs but the ups more than outweigh the downs and I still am totally and deeply in love with him. And my love for him just keeps growing. Being in pageants has really given me this wonderful peace about me. So I might not win every pageant I enter, but at least I try and that is very fulfilling for me. Of course it is more fulfilling when I do win but I have such amazing friends and family that when I do not win, I still feel like a winner. Speaking of pageants I want to say a big good luck to our fabulous Mr. title holders who will be leaving this weekend to go to Mrs. United States in Vegas!!! Lots of hugs and well wishes to Mrs. Delaware Carrie Richey, Mrs. Maryland Allison Zmuda, Mrs. Pennsylvania Susan Huntley and Mrs. Virginia Angie Ashby-Whittle you guys will be fantastic!! We had a send off party for these ladies yesterday. It was so much fun meeting the girls I had not met before, and just being around such fun and positive ladies. Being around their energy made my day. Here these ladies are about to compete against each other for the Mrs. united States pageant but they were acting like they were all old friends, what a good testament about what pageants are really about. Yes pageants are about pretty women, and pretty crowns but they are mostly about the embodiment or what true beauty is on the inside and out. The most important thing we can do when we go to these pageants is to make our voices heard about the causes we support. Its alot of fun getting dressed up and all glammed up but in the end if we can change one persons life, then for me its worth it all. Thank you ladies for not only being an inspiration for me but for the other people around you and for being a good role model. You can't ask for much more. Moving on, I am very excited about the fact that I am helping a girl enter a pageant. She is going to be in the Jr Miss division of a pageant coming up. Her name is Jenna and she is already looking spectacular. I am helping her out with her speech and with her walk. Its alot of fun and I think I am probably more excited about it then she is. I already think she is going to take home the crown! Ok enough is enough I am going to get off this thing. Going to start my workout tonight. I am very excited, this is my first jump start into pageant mode. I am going to be doing a program called Insanity and it sure looks insane so we will see if I can function tomorrow, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment