Monday, July 19, 2010

Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women.

Another day, another week. It feels like time has been going by so quickly as of lately. I can't believe that July is almost over. Before we know it Christmas time will be here (and I am definitely not ready for that). I have been pretty busy planning my scheduled lately. I am so thankful for winning the title of Mrs. Patriotic United States, it has opened up so many doors and opportunities for me. This weekend I will be at the Delaware State Fair to promote a Coca-Cola Recycle program. Although I will not be appearing as Mrs. Patriotic it is a great opportunity to really educate people on the importance of Recycling. It not only directs things away from landfills, it also saves alot of energy and generates jobs and money (which in turn helps our economy). Did you know that recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours? Also, plastic soft drink bottles can be recycled into polyester fiber, the same as that used in clothing. Five bottles make enough polyester for one t-shirt! I didn't know this stuff before and I think its fantastic we are taking the steps to educate people. I feel excited to have this opportunity and to share with others about the importance of doing our part in keeping our earth healthy. So anyway, I will be at the Delaware State Fair on the 24th, 25th and 31st. So if you are there come by the Coca-Cola Recycling center and say hi. I always love to see familiar faces and meet new people. More on the pageant front, my beautiful ladies are in Vegas now for the Mrs. United States pageant. I am so thrilled for them all and I know each and every one will be spectacular. One of the hardest things that I have come across preparing for the Mrs. Delaware United States pageant is figuring out my platform. For those of you who are not familiar with what a platform is, I will explain. In pageants a platform is very essential, and it is a cause that during your rein you will raise awareness for. Now this platform can be anything you are passionate about. Since I am very new back into the pageant world I am struggling what my platform will be. There are so man causes that are worth my time and effort, that I have trouble picking one to focus on. So recently the hunt for a platform has ensued. Yes, I have an idea on what would be sufficient for me but just figuring out what I want to represent is a little easier then going about representing it. Now for those of you who don't know pageants, when I decide on a pageant I am not bound to only represent that cause. I can still participate and raise funds toward any other cause. But my platform will be my main focus.If you are still a little confused go to Google and type the name Kayla Martell and read. She is a wonderful example when it come to representing her platform which is awareness of alopecia. Kayla is Miss Delaware America 2010 and she is such an amazing woman and an inspiration to many. Anyway, enough about platform. I feel as long as I am helping people and making a difference then the platform will come to me. And making a difference in others lives is so important.In other news I am going to be doing an event called Skydive for a Cure. Its with the American Lung Association and if I raise $300 I will be jumping out of a plane in support of this great association. I have always wanted to skydive and I have never really had the guts to actually do it. But I figure if I am going to do it I might as well do it for a good cause. I am so excited about this. The date of the event is August 22nd. If you would like to sponsor me please go to this website http://action.lungusa.org/site/TR/General/ALAMA_Mid-Atlantic?px=4273368&pg=personal&fr_id=2191&et=gRYW_nUPYn3QPQxLsMmbNg..&s_tafId=13535 this is a good opportunity for me to mix fundraising and fun!! I need as much help as I can get to reach my goal of $300. Another aspect of preparing for the Mrs. Delaware United States pageant has been my workout. It has been coming along so nicely and I have really been pushing myself to get my body into shape. Along with a not so strict diet plan (it started out as strict) I have been working out daily and I feel great. I was thinking about participating in a 5k event in September but I am not sure how ready I am for that. I doubt I am in good enough shape to do any kind of distance running. Although hopefully I will be there eventually. I have thought about adding a running regime to my workout but I am not sure that I will really be able to find the time to do that. We will see, I am dead set on getting this body stage ready come June 12, 2011. So I am starting to become long winded with my blog today so I am going to end here. I hope you all have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment