Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The greatest gift you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return






What a whirlwind it has been the last couple weeks!! I love being busy and having stuff to do, but most importantly I love helping other people when I can. And fortunately I have been able to do that in abundance recently. I feel like helping others helps me find a greater value in myself. I have also noticed that if I feel like I am lacking in a certain area (whether it be pageant related or personal) I can learn alot about it if I help another with a situation that they are going with that might be a similar scenario. Anyways, I have to send a big shout out to my girl Emily Rufo for winning first runner up at the Miss Delaware Outstanding Teen pageant! Girl you made me so proud! You are a force to be reckoned with! I know I would never want to compete against you, your amazing! I have gotten to opportunity to see Emily from the beginning and she has grown so much in such a short period of time, I am like a proud pageant mama. Also, another big thing going on is my friend Mrs. Delaware America, Shana Williams, will be heading off to nationals soon!! I am so excited for her and I can't wait for her to bring back that crown (and my wardrobe.....lol). If anyone can put this little state on the map and bring home a national title like that, its her. I can promise I will probably be the loudest person in that audience (besides her hubby, and we might want to clear out all the glass for the his scream). We recently had her send off party and she is all ready. She is going to kick some royal booty. So as far as pageant prep goes for me, I have started to really kick it into gear. My diet is getting better and I am working out. I have started to go tanning cause I was really starting to resemble Casper the friendly ghost. I read an article not too long ago and I think it has helped me the most prepare for the pageant (and the article was by a great pageant coach names Rhonda Shappert). The article said that when it comes to beauty pageants, you can't compare your worst to someone elses best, thats like comparing apples to oranges (so I can't compare my thunder thighs to someone elses flat stomach it just doesn't work like that). It also went on to say that just because you don't win doesn't mean there was anything wrong with you. You might be the perfect orange but the judges might be looking for an apple. This helped me so much with my pageant prep. I am not striving anymore to get my body in as good a shape as someone elses, I am getting my body in the best shape that Hilarys body can be. Its true when they say that you are your own biggest competition. I need to get myself ready and not worry about what the other girls are doing because that isn't important. Being the best me that I can be is the most important thing. And I can't be the best "me" if I reduce the amazing things I have to bring to the table by comparing them to others. This is going to be a wonderful experience and I want to bring that crown home, but if I don't it won't be because I did something wrong or I messed up in something, or becuase my body wasn't fit enough. It will be because I am the most perfect orange there is, but the judges wanted an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment