Thursday, November 18, 2010

There isn't enough darkness in the world to put out the light of a single candle.






I hope everyone has had a great week! Now I can say that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Now you can't always see that little flicker of light but I promise you it is there. Its so hard to sometimes remain positive and happy when life throws tough situations at you. I know I have been less than easy to deal with the past couple weeks. But I keep trying and keep pushing on and I am starting to see the light that I so desperately need. Anyway, so I guess I will let you know what I have been up to lately. Well truthfully I haven't been up to much of anything. Just work, family and friends. I recently got my official headshots as Mrs. Patriotic done. They all turned out so fabulous and I can't thank Jon Lavelle enough. he did such a great job and his wife was equally as spectacular helping me with fun and new poses. I have posted a few on my facebook if you haven't already seen them. I think they turned out really well and they were exactly what I wanted. This past Friday I actually got to hang out with them. They came over to the house and played the Kinect with us. It was alot of fun with tons of laughs. And on Saturday my beautiful pageant sister Shana and her husband Geoffrey came over and hung out with us, we also played the Kinect too and Shana totally kicked butt at the dancing game!! It was so fun to really just spend time with friends in a relaxed atmosphere where we could all joke and just do whatever we felt like doing. On Sunday my mother came up and we got to meet up with Shana again and do some shopping. It was a really exciting day and just nice to forget about the things that are worrying me the most lately. At the same time we got to go see Ellen England in an appearance she was doing for JDRF at the Build A bear. She looked fabulous as always and it was such a fun even for the kids. I am very excited for this coming weekend. Not only do I get to be in the Middletown Christmas parade. But I get to cheer on Shana Williams as she gets crowned Mrs Delaware America (so I am a little biased I can't help it, I know this is her year). So good luck Shana I know you are going to do us all very proud. And I know you will be able to hear me cheering for you!!! Also, I have been helping to prepare a presentation on anti-bullying. Now not all of you know but some of you do know that I have decided that anti bullying is going to be my platform (of course it will eventually sound a little more eloquent). So I got the opportunity to help out some of my pageant sisters in a presentation at a middle school on this coming Monday. Now this gave me the opportunity to really dive into research and understanding. I am super thrilled about this amazing opportunity. I am working hard to do a great job and give everyone as much information as possible. All of us girls are going to do an amazing job!! I will probably be tweaking things until we actually do the presentation. But if we can change one persons perspective or get one child to think for a second before they act, then all the hard work will totally be worth it. And after that it will give me the practice I need to continue going into other schools to raise awareness and it will help me know what to expect in the future. Ok so for now I am going to sign off and wish you all an amazing rest of the week and a fabulous weekend. GO SHANA THE SOON TO BE MRS. DELAWARE AMERICA 2011!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment