Monday, November 29, 2010

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.






What a weekend! I am really glad that I had a short work week because I wouldn't have been able to get out of my bed today if not. I also really enjoyed the fact that this weekend was a nice relaxing weekend after the crazy Thanksgiving time. I hope all of you have an amazing Thanksgiving day. Whether you spent it with friends or family or both I hope you all enjoyed the day and really got a chance to reflect on the things you have to be thankful for. I know I have so much to thank God for. I have a loving husband, 2 beautiful and healthy boys, a roof over my head, clothes in my closet (enough to clothe a few 3rd world countries for a few years), fantastic friends and an amazing family. Yeah there are somethings I wish were a little different, but there are so many people that would kill to be in my shoes. Literally, they would kill me for my shoes because they are fabulous! Anyway I hope all of you will carry that thankful spirit into the Christmas season as it is fast approaching. I do have to be honest with you all though, this year I am having a little bit of a problem getting into the spirit. Now I am not being a scrooge or anything but if you know me then you know by November 1 I am already putting my decorations up and starting my christmas shopping also singing christmas carols and everything. I regrettably say that I just put up my Christmas tree yesterday and still have alot of decorating to do. So hopefully I will perk up a little bit once I finish decorating and start tuning into my favorite Christmas radio stations. Maybe once I start wrapping presents and start to stack them under the tree and imagine my kids faces light up as they open them. Maybe after I hear "White Christmas" a few times or "Baby, Its Cold Outside" (just to mention a few of my favorites) then i will be more in the Christmas spirit. Once I go ice skating and take the boys in a ride around the neighborhoods to see the Christmas lights I will be more excited. Actually I am already feeling little better just talking about it. Christmas here we come! And and last but certainly not least, I know without a doubt that once I hit the King of Prussia mall and have my hands full of bags with Christmas gifts (even though half of those gifts might be for myself) I will be in full Christmas spirit. So now the question is, Shana when are we going to KOP? Anyways, I told all of you in my last blog that I would fill you in on the exceptional opportunity that I got last Monday. First of all a big thank you goes out to Marci McNair, Ellen England and Angie Hionis-Bell for all their hard work and doing just a fantastic time at the event. Thank you Marci for the amazing opportunity!! So anyway the event that all of us ladies did was a Bullying presentation at a local area school, with alot of focus on cyber bullying. For those of you who don't know, the fight to stop bullying (not necessarily in those terms) is my platform. So this was an amazing opportunity for me to do the appropriate research and to also get my thoughts and self together about this. I really enjoyed helping put together the presentation and short skit that we did. I am so passionate about this and I hope that showed in the presentation. It was really tough because some of the girls asked hard questions that didn't have a firm "yes" or "no" answer. But i enjoyed every min of it and will hopefully get more opportunities to do the same. I plan on creating a campaign against bullying so I can go around to different schools and speak to them. I haven't decided what I will call this campaign. "Beauties against Bullying" is one idea but I am not 100% sold on it. We will see. But for now I am going to be calling schools to see if we can get in and speak to these kids. Changing the world one life at a time. So until next post, enjoy the season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment