Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You are Beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down!






Thanksgiving is coming up on us so quickly, and then after Thanksgiving there is Christmas, and after Christmas, New Years! OMG I need to go shopping for holiday outfits! I definitely decided this year the hubby and I are going to actually going to go somewhere to count down the new year. Of course New York City would be ideal but maybe that will have to wait for next year. Anyways I am getting so far ahead of myself, I am not even ready for Thanksgiving yet, I don't even have my Christmas decorations up and here I am talking about New Years! Well, lets skip all the talk about the Holiday and focus on a few things that I was honored to do this past weekend. I have really enjoyed alternating pageant weekends. If you don't know what that mean by that, I mean that it is nice to have a weekend where I do pageant stuff and then a weekend that I am off. Sometimes being a beauty queen can be exhausting, and heaven forbid I don't get enough beauty sleep because that is most definitely something that I wouldn't want to subject anyone to seeing lol! Anyway, this past Saturday the 20th I was able to meet up with some fabulous ladies in the morning and participate in the Middletown Christmas parade. My sister queen Fawn Stoms (Mrs. Peach Blossom 2011) and I rode together which is always a little more fun then riding alone. Also my director Siouxzan moore (Beauties of America 30's), another sister queen Angie Bell (Mrs. Punkin' Chunkin' 2011) and the always fabulous Ellen England (Mrs. Delaware 2010) were all also participants in the parade. I enjoy doing parades although it always seems with my luck they are always windy lol. I have another parade coming up on December 4th which is the Dover home for the Holidays parade. I will get the honor of riding with a new sister to the United States system Fran Edwards (Mrs. First State 2011)!!! Fran and I have competed against each other before, although she placed better than me I don't hold it against her one bit :) <3 ya girl! Moving on, Saturday evening was equally as fun since I got to attend the Mrs. Delaware America pageant. My husband came with me and it was so much fun being immersed in pageantry! I had such a great time with all the ladies and their husbands that attended. I wish I had enough space to list everyone that was there but the pictures will tell you. Now I was there for more than just watching. I was there as a member of Team Hotness rooting for my friend Shana Williams. Now the president of Team Hotness, the always spectacular Allison Funds was there and it was so nice to really enjoy time with her since I haven't gotten to see her often. Love ya girl!! Not only was the pageant a success but it was alot of fun, some of us girls got to get up on stage and belly dance with some of the performers, what a blast!! And you can't forget the best news of it all, Shana Williams is the new Mrs. Delaware America 2011!!!!!!! Congrats again girl I am so proud of you. She looked amazing and did a spectacular job. Now she is going to get ready for nationals which will be in April. I will definitely be attending because it is going to take place in West Virginia which truly isn't that far away and well worth the trip. If anyone can break Delaware's loosing streak it is Shana. I know this is the first year that Delaware will be in the top ten, heck this is the first year that Delaware will be in the top 5! After Shanas win some of her fans went to Agave to celebrate. It was such a great time and atmosphere and just to be with amazing people and spend time with the now famous Mrs. Delaware America was such a treat. I have only known Shana for about a year but that is all I have needed to really learn to cherish her as a friend and embrace her for the amazing and beautiful woman she is. She has taught me so much and has made a huge difference in my life. If anyone deserves to represent the married women of Delaware at the Mrs. America pageant it is her. Anyway, I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving. Take a moment and really appreciate everything in your life. Even the little things. I will probably do another post involving a new campaign that I am in the process of putting together called "Beauties Against Bullying". Stay tuned I am so excited about this! And this is an opportunity to feel like I am personally making a difference in other peoples lives. Also, I am trying to get into local area schools and if anyone has any contacts in any of the schools please let me know! Thanks guys and again have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I heart u....more than u know!!! "Beauties against Bullying"....clever...love it!

    ReplyDelete