Monday, November 8, 2010

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.






When I get to immerse myself in friends, family and loved ones for days in a row I feel like the luckiest girl alive. I had an amazing weekend although it was exhausting I feel like I was just lucky. Being in pageants is probably one of the most life changing decisions I have made. I might not have known it at the time but I definitely see it now. Being so involved in so many peoples lives and having so many people to care about and who care about me. I couldn't be more blessed. I had no clue when I dove into the pageant world that I would have come into contact and become close with so many amazing women. I have met so many people that want to see me excel and want to see me become the best woman, mother and wife I can be. And I feel the same way about all the ladies i have met. I want to see only the best for them all. So this weekend on Saturday I got the opportunity to help out at the Punkin' Chunkin' pageants. Now if you have never been to the Punkin' Chunkin' it is most definitely an experience. Although it is pretty cool watching these huge machines shoot pumpkins. It was a little on the crazy side. I don't think I have ever seen that many people in one small area. And if you have kids I wouldn't necessarily suggest that is the best kind of family function to go to. But I did enjoy the time that I was there. A big congratulations going out to all the winners. Particularly my newest sister contestant Angie Hionis-Bell who now holds the title of Mrs. Punkin' Chunkin' 2011! I really had a great time helping out with the pageant. Its nice to get to be around so many spectacular people. All the contestants in each division did an amazing job and meeting so many people was a real treat. On Sunday I got the great opportunity to do some mannequin modeling at Cache. It was a fun time because 5 of my other pageant sisters did this event with me. We all got our hair and makeup done which was nice to get pampered. And then we all stood in the windows and showed off clothes. It was really tough to stand perfectly still when alot of people were trying to make us laugh. But I know it brought the store some business or at least some attention. Also spending even more time with fabulous ladies and just getting to chit chat and enjoy each others company was so nice. And on top of that we all looked truly fabulous! I know that my hair and makeup looked great because when I got home my husband told me I looked like a celebrity. So I am definitely going to be calling on the girl who did my makeup for help with the pageant. A big thank you to Jenn Santos for giving us this opportunity. I know it was a little stressful for you but I have only gotten positive feedback from all the models, we really have a spectacular time. Thank you to all the people who made this weekend for me a fun and successful time. Also thank you to my amazing hubby I love you and appreciate your support with the events that I do. I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

2 comments: